EDUCATION MINISTRY SETS NEW DATES FOR THE RELEASE OF PLE RESULTS

editor
By editor

The education ministry has announced the new dates for the briefing about and eventual release of the 2023 Primary Leaving Examinations (PLE) results.

The ministry had earlier slated January 17 and 18, 2024 as the days for the briefing and release of PLE results, respectively, but rescheduled due to the Non-Aligned Movement Summit that is ongoing.

Now, according to a new memo released by the office of the Minister of Education and Sports, a briefing of the education minister by UNEB  on the PLE results for the year 2023 will be on Wednesday, January 24, 2024.

The release of the results will follow suit the following day, Thursday, January 25, 2024 as both events are expected to be held at the State House Nakasero in Kampala.

The memo signed by Irene Kauma, the undersecretary/Senior Private Secretary to the First Lady of Uganda, says both events will be at 11:00am. 

UNEB indicates that an overview of the PLE examination revealed a substantial 749,347 candidates registered.

Females accounted for 52% of the total, while males made up 48%.

The examinations were held across 14,442 PLE examination centres, with 79% being UPE centres and the remaining 21% representing non-UPE schools.

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *